Apples pastry as a Palet
For this recipe created for Valentine’s Day 2019, Nina Métayer worked all the Pink Lady® apples as a whole, with zero waste from the core to the skin, to extract all its very special flavours.
In addition to the usual pastry ustensils, you’ll need:
- 4.5cm round silicone moulds (slightly domed if possible) for caramelized apples.
- 5cm ring silicone moulds for the Ganache montée.
- A tart ring or a pastry cutter 5cm diameter for shortbread and biscuit
- A Parisian apple spoon or a melon baller
- Guitar paper (acetate sheet) to make the stencils for the little chocolate hearts.
Tip: you can adapt the recipe to the size of your equipment (e.g 5,5 and 6cm), and even use alternatives if you don’t have all the moulds, like piping the ganache montée.
Whipped cream Ganache
- 250g (2 x 125g) Liquid cream
- 56g White chocolate
- 1g Salt
- 1 Vanilla bean
- 1 Gelatine sheet
What means : “As a Palet” here ? It’s a reference to “Palet breton”, the name of a french round shortbread.
Organisation, recipe steps
Some steps have to be done in avance, here is the order in which it is best to make it.
- Whipped cream Ganache (chill 5h)
- Apple syrup (Let infuse 2h)
- Oven-roasted caramelized apples (chill 1h)
- Apple compote
- Vanilla shortbread
- Hazelnut biscuit
- Agar agar topping
- Hearts chocolate for decoration
- Assembly and finishing
Restricted access to the Petit Club :
Or log in below!