Praline cream puffs
For this praline cream puffs recipe, made with fine PDO Charentes-Poitou butter and a praline flavour, puffs give many possibilities. Once you mastered the choux pastry, you will be able to vary the flavors and to decline them from the simple chouquette (small choux sprinkled with pearl sugar) to the iconic Paris-Brest!
In addition to the usual pastry material, you’ll need:
- A whisk and a Maryse (silicon spatula)
- A baking sheet
- Pastry bags, a round nozzle (tip) for piping the pastry choux, a nozzle / tip (or not) for piping praline cream.
- 225g Whole milk
- 110g Liquid cream
- 40g Charentes-Poitou PDO butter
- 2 Small eggs (whole)
- 35g Brown sugar
- 30g Cornflour
- 10g Flour
praline cream puffs recipe
Organization and steps
As some preparations have to set in cold, here is the order in which it is best to make the recipe.
You can make your homemade praline paste (link to my recipe below) or use a hight quality one bought in your favorite fine epicery !
- Make the praline ( see the recipe )
- Make the pastry cream and place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Make the Craquelin, spread it out and chilled (10mn)
- Preheat the oven
- Make the choux pastry
- Pipe the choux pastry
- Bake the choux pastry
- Make the praline cream
- Assembly of the praline cream puffs
Restricted access to the Petit Club :
Or log in below!