Brioche style Baba
For this recipe of baba like a brioche morello cherries and cocoa , Nina Métayer worked with fresh fruit as well as the liqueur Chocolat 30° and the small morello cherries in brandy Griottissimo® from Wolfberger.
In addition to the usual pastry material, you’ll need:
- 6cm half-sphere Flexiplans (silicone moulds) in sufficient quantity to make as well the buns and chocolate decorations. Otherwise, organize your preparation steps therefore.
- A non-stick baking sheet
- An immersion blender (hand blender)
- Ideally a food processor
Ingrédients (10 parts)
Black cherry confit
- 376g black cherry puree
- 60g brown sugar
- 38g lemon juice
- 8g pectin NH 8g
- 1 gelatine sheet
- 80g Griottissimo® Wolfberger
Organization and steps
Some steps have to be done in advance, here is the order in which the recipe should be done. Many can be made the day before.
- Start by making the cherry confit
- Then the milk chocolate whipped cream (Refrigerate until set 24h).
- Then make the raspberry paper and store it in a dry place (Cool 12h, then oven dry 4h before finishing it).
- Then the chocolate decorations (Let 3h at 10°)
- Make the brioche dough (12h before baking)
- Make the syrup for the gelled syrup, let infuse (3h).
- Bake the brioches (buns) and hollow out the inside with a small knife.
- Make the gelled syrup with the infused syrup
- Soak still lukewarm brioches with lukewarm gelled syrup (refrigerate 4h until set into the half-spheres Flexipans)
- Assembly and finishing
Restricted access to the Petit Club :
Or log in below!